Grandma's Sugar Cookies
This recipe was handed down from my Grandmother. I like to top them with cinnamon sugar. I tend to make them around Christmas to hand out to friends and family.
Servings 40 Cookies
Cost Less than $10
- Cookie cutters if you want shapes
- Rolling Pin
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cups butter
- 2 Eggs
- 1/4 cup Sour cream
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 4 cups Flour
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- Cream together butter and sugar, add eggs and mix together.
- Combine the sour cream and the baking soda then add to above.
- Stir together flour, baking powder and salt then start adding to the above one cup at a time.
- If you want to use cookie cutters, roll out onto a floured surface and cut the shapes. If not, make a ball and flatten. Put on a non-stick cookie sheet and bake in an oven that is heated to 400 degrees.
- When golden brown, remove from oven add cinnamon sugar or decorate with toppings of your choice like colored sugar or jimmies.