Green Chili Chicken Burritos
This is one of my husbands favorite meals. You can serve it as a one dish meal or add some flavored rice.
Servings 4 people
- 1 lb. Chopped cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup Finely chopped white onion
- 1 clove Garlic Minced
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Use less if you are not a big fan of Cumin
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/8 tsp Pepper
- 1 4 oz Can of diced green chili peppers I use mild
- 1 pkg Shredded Mexican Cheese Blend
- 1 16 oz Can of green chili sauce
- 1/2 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 pkg Flour tortillas I use the medium size
- Cook onion in olive oil until translucent.
- Add garlic, cumin, salt, pepper, chilis, chicken and a small amount of the green sauce and heat it up.
- Spray bottom of large baking dish with Pam.
- Pull out a tortilla and add some cheese and chicken mixture. Roll up and place in baking dish seam side down. Keep doing that until you are out of chicken mixture.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bake for 15 minutes, remove from oven and cover the burritos with the green chili sauce, add cheese to the top and bake for 5 more minutes. Makes about 5 medium burritos.