Chicken in Foil
When I was a kid and we went out for Chinese food I loved ordering chicken in foil. This recipe really tastes like the ones used to get.
Servings 4 People
- 2 Chicken breasts
- 3 Tbsp Soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp Oil
- 1/2 Cup Minced Muchrooms
- 1/4 Cup Minced scallions You can use green onions
- 2 Chopped water chestnuts
- 1/4 Tsp Ginger powder
- Dash Cinnamon
- 2 Tsp Sherry
- Discard the skin of the chicken and pound it as thin as possible
- Cut into small 2 inch by 2 inch pieces
- Sprinkle 2 tbsp soy over chicken and let stand 10 minutes
- Heat oil in a skillet and saute mushrooms, scallions and water chestnuts for 3 minutes. Season with ginger, cinnamon, sherry and remaining soy. Let cool.
- Make as many foil squares as there are pieces of chicken (make them larger as you will need to be able to fold it) and place the chicken in the middle.
- Spread some of the mix on the chicken. Fold over into a triangle and fold and press the edges together. Chill for 2 hours.
- Heat some oil to 375 degrees and fry about 5 minutes. Remove from oil and pat down with paper towel to remove grease. If you don't want to fry them, place them on a single layer of a cookie sheet and cook for 12 minutes at 450 degrees.
- Peel open the paper and enjoy this tasty treat!